Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New Year New Goals...

I know we are typically supposed to write about goals in Jan, but I am finally kicking off my blog in April.  It's been a crazy year so far, to say the least.  I've been feeling pretty lucky lately.  Where do I start.....

Last year my husband, Nick, was promoted to an account manager with Newton Running which moved us from Sarasota, FL to Boulder, CO.  It was a total no brainer....Colorado, sweet!  But it was an emotional move as we owned a personal training studio, have amazing family,  friends and clients.  It was a great opportunity that we couldn't resist.

We settled down in Lafayette, just between Boulder and Westminster, where Nick and I both work.  I fell in love with Lifetime Fitness - Westminster as soon as I walked into the club.  Lifetime Fitness has been a great change of pace and learning opportunity for me as well.  Recently I have launched the Lifetime TRI Team at the Westy location and having a blast.  I am looking forward to inspire, education and motivate others to reaching their health and fitness goals through endurance sports!

This year I started applying for Triathlon teams.....not thinking I'd actually get accepted.  I put it all out there and was announced to be on Team Kompetitive Edge, a local multisport retailer in Denver, and the inaugural team of the IRONMAN Foundation-Newton Running Ambassador Triathlon Team! I've also had the opportunity to be part of the Timex Factory Team3WRace Ambassador team.

My goal for this year is to give more back to our community with local and national organizations.  Last year I was a part of the Prostate Cancer Foundation - Newton Running Team at IRONMAN Canada.  Amazing experience and I am proud to be doing it again this year!!  Along with other local charities with both 3WRaces and KE....and with IMFNR Team at Ironman & 70.3 races!

So far I've done 2 races here at altitude.  Holy hell it's tough.   I'm loving the training here and feeling I'm gaining more RBC's every session...HA!  It's a total different ball game training here vs the Florida flatland, but I sure do miss the beaches!  Athletes here are amazing.  Just this past weekend I was running in the Horsetooth Half marathon when I overheard a woman behind me talking about how muddy the full marathon was.  I was hurtin certain....she said she was 56yrs old and cruising at an easy conversation pace of 8:20's!  Amazing!!  Colorado breeds a whole different level of athletes here.  I love it!

Here's to the start of my blog.......enjoy!!


Post race refreshments...New Belgium!! 
Horsetooth Half Marathon - ARPIL 21, 2013
Post race with Nick & Eric.


1 comment:

  1. great little blog post. Boulder and surrounding areas... crazy completely different breed. I came to Colorado a walker for exercise, 13 years later I'm an ironman triathlete. The influence is addicting as well as the sport. I look forward to seeing you at more races. You are a great asset to the tri community here!

    ReplyDelete